Monday, November 3, 2008

Pretty Princess


Good Morning, today is the first of our SCS blog group challenges. And I was the first to sign up, so I get to do the first one. Yay me!? I'm not quite sure if that's a good thing or not. Oh well, here it goes. I made this one pretty simple, because I don't sketch, and I didn't have a whole lot of time to think about this one. We had unexpected company this weekend. So, It's a 2 part challenge. First, use polka dots-anywhere you want, any way you want. Second, use ribbon-again anyway you want, anywhere you want. If your don't have polka dot paper, you can use the new eraser of a pencil, it works great. I did not do that this time, but have in the past and love it. I think we said these were going to be week long challenges. So have your entry uploaded and on your blog by Sunday evening-Nov. 9th. Have fun, and be creative!!! And good luck to the next hostess. Well, I had to come back and edit this, because as usual I didn't read the directions first, so I didn't list my supplies, so here it goes:
Green CS-Bazzill shimmers-Bank Roll
DP-Making Memories
Image-from a swap on SCS
Ribbon-not sure, probably Michael's
Princess Images-Studio G clear set
Misc-Prisma color pencils, silver glitter glue, silver and purple glitter marker-martha stewart, inks around edges-martha stewart, corner rounder, glue dots, and gems from michael's
Hope that helps, and have fun!!!!!
Also, I just read that we were doing this every 2 weeks, so no pressure!!

12 comments:

Jennifer Scull said...

I love polka dots!!!! great challenge! and I don't think I've made many cards without ribbon, so that will be a breeze!

you did a wonderful job on our first challenge!

Anonymous said...

Great challenge! I wish I was home with my stuff to participate, but I am enjoying the was California sun and sipping margaritas in Palm Springs!

Katy SCS Grp.

Unknown said...

Great challenge, Sara, and really cute card. Thanks for going first!!!

Gina Lindsay said...

Great challenge Sara. I love polka dots so I can't wait to get something posted. Thanks for hosting the first challenge.

Conni said...

looks great Sara, I will get to work this afternoon!!
C

Anonymous said...

Hi Sara, I did my card...please come look-it is for Tues.11/4 post. I love your card.

specialcraftmom4 said...

What a great challenge! I will be doing mine tomorrow (: Thanks

Unknown said...

looks like fun I'll see what I can do this weekend!

Unknown said...

Great challenge!!! I need to come up with something for the next challenge!!!

Gina Lindsay said...

I have mine done and on my blog.

Unknown said...

Mine is done too and here is the link:

http://mycraftyworld.blogspot.com/2008/11/faux-silk-card.html

Ozzie's Greeting Cards by Tanja said...

I have done mine and it is on my blog.

Here is the link
http://ozziesgreetingcardsbytanja.blogspot.com/2008/11/scs-challenge-1.html